Bacon & Cheddar Sausage Halushki
- 1 pkg
- johnsonville bacon & cheddar sausages, grilled and sliced on the bias (or cook on stovetop according to package directions)
- strips lean quality thick-cut bacon, snipped into small pieces
- large head cabbage, sliced
- 1 medium
- onion, large diced
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 pkg
- 12 oz. ( or half of a 24 oz. bag) reames frozen home-style egg noodles
- 1/2 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp
- coarse ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp
- real butter
How to Make Bacon & Cheddar Sausage Halushki
- 2Snip bacon into small pieces with kitchen scissors into a large frying pan and sauté over medium heat until crisp, stirring often, about 10 minutes. Add onion and garlic, and sauté with bacon until onion is softened and translucent, about 5 more minutes. Set aside leaving the bacon drippings in the pan. Add sliced cabbage, salt, pepper, and toss. Cover until needed.
- 3Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but al dente, about 18 minutes if using Reames. Drain well.
Scrape bacon and onion mixture (with the drippings) into the pot you used to cook the noodles, add butter, and cook and stir cabbage until coated with drippings. Cover pot and cook cabbage over medium-low heat, about 15 to 18 minutes, or until cabbage is tender. Stirring occasionally.
Gently stir in noodles and sliced, grilled sausages.