Artichoke Leaf Pasta with Leek ‘Carbonara’
How to Make Artichoke Leaf Pasta with Leek ‘Carbonara’
- Whizz up the crusty bread in a food processor then toast the breadcrumbs in a pan.
- Cut the leeks into thin rounds using both the white and green parts. Cook them gently a frying pan with a little olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. Add a little water if they seem dry.
- Take half of the leeks and blend them with a spash of olive oil in the food processor. Leave the rest in the pan.
- Meanwhile drain the ‘al dente’ artichoke leaf pasta that you have cooked in a large pan of salted water following the instructions on the packet. Add the pasta to the leeks you left in the pan and then afterwards mix in the blended leeks.
- Serve with the toasted breadcrumbs sprinked on top with a generous handful of freshly grated pecorino cheese.