Wild mushroom stew
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- mushrooms - maitake, baby bella, button, or any combination of wild mushrooms
- 1 small
- onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- sherry (real sherry, not cooking sherry - it makes a difference)
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- fresh sage, 3-4 leaves, or 1 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 c
- rice blend - i used lundberg's wild rice blend
How to Make Wild mushroom stew
- 1Saute onions and garlic in butter until onions are soft and translucent.
- 2Add chopped mushrooms and saute until they're soft and releasing their water. Stir in rice and sage.
- 3Add sherry and simmer until reduced by half, approx.20 minutes.
- 4Add cream and simmer, uncovered, for 45-60min, stirring occasionally. Add salt to taste if desired. The final product should be creamy in consistency with very little liquid.