White Castle Casserole from Scratch
you can use any type of cheese, shredded pepper jack for a zest, or just plain shredded american cheese, I find the plain shredded american cheese doesn't take away from the taste. Use mustard as you like... I used the small casserole pan, 8" x 11", but use whatever the cresent rolls will fit in. This is my first recipe, so I hope I did it right....
- 1-3/4 oz
- package onion soup mix (dry)
- 2- 12 oz can(s)
- refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 1/2 lb
- 8 slice
- american cheese
- 1 large
- dill pickle sliced in small round pieces
- 3 Tbsp
- mustard-more or less
How to Make White Castle Casserole from Scratch
- 2Brown hamburger with onion soup mix. dry extremely well.
- 3Layer hamburger mixture, cheese, pickles, and squirt
mustard up and down pan and across the sides. Too much mustard may make it salty..
- 4Put whole can of cresent rolls on top. do not break apart. I found that the top brown's very nice, that's why I prebake the bottom cresent roll's.
- 5Bake at 350* or until golden brown, let it set for a few minutes, then cut into squares.