Very Veggie Cheeseburgers
- 1/2 c
- cooked brown or white rice
- summer squash ( or any vegetable you like)
- small handful string beans (or any vegetable you like)
- small onion
- 2 - 3 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 can(s)
- black beans (15 oz.)
- 1 c
- flavored or unflavored bread crumbs (your choice)
- salt and pepper to taste
- panko bread crumbs for dusting (optional)
- cheese and any other toppings of choice
How to Make Very Veggie Cheeseburgers
- 1Chop vegetables you choose to use for burgers and saute in frying pan with olive oil about 10 minutes.
- 2In medium bowl combine cooked rice, sauteed vegetables, black beans (rinsed and partially mashed), flavored or unflavored breadcrumbs, 1 egg and salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Form patties and dredge through panko breadcrumbs for a crunchy exterior (optional) and cook over medium heat in frying pan with olive oil (about 7 minutes on each side)
- 4Top with cheese and any other toppings you like. Here I used marinated artichokes and tomato. Place on roll of your choice with any dressing you like.