Vegan Chorizo Burritos
I must apologize in advance if this makes way more than 6 burritos. I'm estimating as when I've made this I've only made one or two burritos and then had plenty of leftovers. By the way, this is my own recipe which is why I do not have any nutritional info. Feel free to change up the veggies any way you like. I used pre-packaged cabbage and green beans because those are two vegetables I hate to prepare. Also, feel free to use pre-sliced peppers and onions from the grocery salad bar. Just avoid using frozen as they tend to get soggy.
Also, feel free to go full carnivore and use real Spanish chorizo or Portuguese chourico.
- 1/4 pkg
- trader joe's soy chorizo (or other brand vegetarian chorizo)
- bell pepper, any color you like (keep in mind the yellow, red, orange ones have more vitamin c than green)
- 1 medium
- onion, halved vertically, than sliced vertically
- 1 medium
- sweet potato steamed or baked*, peeled, cut into 1
- 1 pkg
- shredded green cabbage or cole slaw mix
- 1 pkg
- pre-trimmed green beans, cut into 1
- 2 lg clove
- garlic, minced
- 8 oz
- crumbled goat cheese (omit for vegan burritos)
- *microwave baked is fine for this purpose.
How to Make Vegan Chorizo Burritos
- 1Remove the soy chorizo from it's plastic casing (it will crumble at this point---that is fine). Set it aside.
- 2Heat about 2 tbs extra-virgin olive oil (or any quality cooking oil) in a large pan over med-high heat. Add the onions and bell pepper and cook stirring occasionally until softened and the onions are translucent.
- 3Add the garlic and the sausage, stirring to break up the sausage and incorporate the flavors.
- 4Add the cabbage and green beans and continue cooking until the cabbage has wilted and is tender.
- 5Add the sweet potatoes and stir to combine.
- 6Warm the tortillas using any method you prefer. You want them to be soft and pliable.
- 7Using approximately 1 cup of filling per burrito, assemble, adding cheese if desired, and enjoy!