☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
6individual pie crusts unbaked
6ripe plum tomatoes
1 Tbspeach fresh basil, thyme, rosemary
·salt and pepper
3 cshredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cmayonnaise
How to Make Tomato Pie
- Preheat oven to 400
- Mix together the cheese and mayo.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture in the bottom of each pie shell. This will help keep the tomatoes from making it soggy.
- Dice tomatoes into large chunks. Place in bowl discarding excess juice. You don't have to leave them to drain in a colander as you do for some recipes. Just don't transfer the juice from chopping them to your bowl.
- Add the herbs, salt and pepper, and 1 tablespoon flour and gently mix.
- Divide among the pie shells.
- Top each with a generous portion of the cheese mixture. You should use it all.
- Bake immediately until the cheese is melted, golden, and bubbling. About 30 minutes. Don't assemble them and wait to bake them or you risk the tomato juice making the crust wet and soggy.
- OPTIONAL - top with diced green onions and/or chopped fresh parsley to serve.