- 2 tsps. tsp
- canola oil or low fat oil
- 1 large
- onion, thinly sliced about 2 cups
- 1/2 tsp
- curry powder
- pinch dash(es)
- cayenne pepper
- 8 slice
- whole wheat breads
- 1-2 slice
- medium-ripe beefsteak or hothouse tomatoes, sliced
- 1 bottle
- cooking spray
- 8 slice
- thin slices sharp cheddar cheese (about 6 ounces
How to Make Sweet & Savory Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 1Heat the oil in medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low add the onion cook golden about 10 minutes.Stir in the curry powder the cayenne pepper.Stored the onion in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Place one sliced of chedd cheese on each of the 4 sliced of bread.
- 2Spread a quarter about 2 tablespoon of the caramelized onions on the top, then place one large or 2 medium sliced tomato. Place another slice of cheese on top of that,the other slice of bread.
- 3Wipe the skillet, then coat cooking spray heat over medium-high heat until hot.. Place on of the sandwickes in the skillet and wight down with smaller heavy skillet and weigh down with a smaller heavy skillet. Lower the heat to medium-low and grill the underside is a deep brown and cheese is partially melted,3-4 minutes. Flip the sandwich and grill the other side another 3 minutes. Slice in half and serve hot. Serve with salad or crisp carrots and sugar snap peas for light summer meal