Sweet Apple Sausage Entree
I prefer to prepare my infused olive oil and refrigerate 2-3 days to allow the flavors to blend.
My husband will not eat pork products so I am always looking for something a bit different than the normal chicken or fish dishes.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 4 Tbsp
- pure virgin olive oil
- 2 clove
- 1 c
- basil, loosely packed
- 4 slice
- red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 medium
- sweet red bell paper, coarsely chopped
- sweet apple chicken sausages (precooked)
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Sweet Apple Sausage Entree
- 1Make infused olive oil:
Combine olive oil, garlic and 1 tsp chopped basil. Keep in refrigerator at least 24 hours.
- 2Pour infused olive oil into a large frying pan. When hot, add onion and sweet red paper.
- 3When onion is translucent, add chunks of Apple Chicken Sausage.Turn down burner to medium and sauté for about 15 minutes,stirring often.
- 4When thoroughly heated, add remaining chopped basil. Continue to cook over a low heat for an additional 5 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, bring water to a boil. Add your favorite pasta and cook according to directions.
- 6Drain pasta and add to the Apple Chicken mixture. Salt and Pepper to taste. Stir thoroughly and serve.