Stuffed Swiss Chart
Since i moved to south of Orange County in California , I have been planting swiss Chart in my back yard, and it's growing very wild, now i am raising organic Swiss Chart and have been making this dish more often and inviting my family and friends for dinner.
I hope you enjoy this dish as much as we enjoy it.
- 3 bunch
- swiss chart
- 3 c
- boiling water
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 lb
- ground beef 20% fat
- 1 c
- cracked wheat (coarse #4 bulgur)
- fresh tomatoes chopped (or if off the season 1 cane)
- small green pepper
- 1 can(s)
- 4 ounce tomato paste
- 1 c
- onion chopped
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 1/4 tsp
- hot pepper
- 9 Tbsp
- lemon juice
How to Make Stuffed Swiss Chart
- 4if swiss chart are big ( like mine ) cut it in half,place about teaspoon of filling along the stem end of each leaf ,fold over the sides,and roll from the stem up to form a sausage-like roll.
- 5Cover the bottom of the pan with some removed stems to prevent burning during cooking. Arrange the stuffed swiss charts side by side, seam side down, in the pen, layer by layer.
- 6In 3 cups water mixed salt lemon juice and remaining tomato paste , mixed well pour in, bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to low. Taste the cooking liquid for salt and lemon. Add more if necessary, cook about 45 min.-1 Hr.
Drain any remaining liquid. Transfer on a serving plate, garnished with fresh mint leaves.
- 7I hope you enjoy this dish as much we do . enjoy your dinner