Stuffed Bell Peppers-Annette's
- 6 large
- green, yellow, or red bell
- peppers stems and seeds removed
- 2 lb
- ground beef, sausage
- or turkey (or any combo)
- 3/4 c
- onion, chopped
- 1- 15 oz
- can diced tomatoes
- 1 can(s)
- tomato soup
- 1 c
- long grain white rice, uncooked
- 2 can(s)
- beef broth
- 2 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp
- dried basil crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp
- minced garlic
- 2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
- 3 c
- shredded swiss cheese, divided
***PREPPING PEPPERS*** CUT THE TOPS OFF WIDE ENOUGH THAT YOU CAN FILL THEM. TAKE OUT THE VEINS AND SEEDS AND DISCARD.
TENDER CRISP PEPPERS----SKIP THE PARBOIL STEP. COVER WHEN BAKING. MAY NEED TO CHECK AT 30 MINUTES FOR YOUR DESIRED TENDERNESS.
How to Make Stuffed Bell Peppers-Annette's
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13x2 inch baking dish; set aside.
- 2In a medium saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3Place peppers in a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil parboil for 5 minutes. (skip parboiling step if you want tender crisp pepper) Remove peppers from water and place in prepared baking dish.
- 4In a large saucepan over medium heat, brown ground beef or turkey; drain. Return to heat and add onion, garlic, Worcestershire, cooked rice, salt, and pepper, stirring to combine. Add tomatoes, soup, basil and 1 1/2 cups cheese, stirring thoroughly. Simmer for approximately 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 5Divide meat mixture among peppers. Carefully add approximately 1 cup water to the baking dish.
- 6Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until mixture is golden brown. Ovens vary so once you reach 30 minutes you will want to watch and check peppers for doneness per your liking. (tender crisp will be more toward the 30 minute mark)
- 7Remove from oven. Sprinkle tops of peppers with remaining cheese. Return to oven.
- 8Bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is lightly browned. Serve immediately. Enjoy!