Spice Market Sweet Potato and Lentil Packets
Per packet: Calories: 265, Protein: 9g, Total fat: 7g, Saturated fat: 1g, Carbs: 43g, Cholesterol: mg, Sodium: 253mg, Fiber: 10g, Sugars: 13g
2 cfinely diced sweet potato
1 largered bell pepper, diced (1 1/2 cups)
1 cfresh green beans, thinly sliced
1/4 cgolden raisins
2 Tbsphot sesame oil
1 clow-sodium vegetable broth
2 Tbspminced fresh ginger
2 clovegarlic, minced (2 tsp.)
1 tspcurry powder
1 1/2 ccooked lentils or 1 15-oz. can lentils, rinsed and drained
4 Tbspprepared mango chutney, optional
How to Make Spice Market Sweet Potato and Lentil Packets
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place 4 16-inch lengths of foil on work surface. Fold foil in half from short side. Unfold. Shape corners and edges of one half into semicircular “bowl” with 1/2-inch sides. Coat insides of foil with cooking spray.
- Combine sweet potato, bell pepper, green beans, and raisins in medium bowl. Add oil, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Whisk together broth, ginger, garlic, and curry powder in small bowl.
- Divide sweet potato mixture among packets; top with 1/3 cup lentils. Pour 1/4 cup broth mixture over lentils, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Fold other half of foil over ingredients, and crimp edges in overlapping folds until packets are sealed. Transfer packets to baking sheet. Bake 25 minutes.
- Transfer to plates. Let each person open packet carefully—escaping air will be hot. Top with chutney, if using.