Spice Market Sweet Potato and Lentil Packets
Per packet: Calories: 265, Protein: 9g, Total fat: 7g, Saturated fat: 1g, Carbs: 43g, Cholesterol: mg, Sodium: 253mg, Fiber: 10g, Sugars: 13g
- 2 c
- finely diced sweet potato
- 1 large
- red bell pepper, diced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 c
- fresh green beans, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c
- golden raisins
- 2 Tbsp
- hot sesame oil
- 1 c
- low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp
- minced fresh ginger
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 1 tsp
- curry powder
- 1 1/2 c
- cooked lentils or 1 15-oz. can lentils, rinsed and drained
- 4 Tbsp
- prepared mango chutney, optional
How to Make Spice Market Sweet Potato and Lentil Packets
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F. Place 4 16-inch lengths of foil on work surface. Fold foil in half from short side. Unfold. Shape corners and edges of one half into semicircular “bowl” with 1/2-inch sides. Coat insides of foil with cooking spray.
- 2Combine sweet potato, bell pepper, green beans, and raisins in medium bowl. Add oil, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- 3Whisk together broth, ginger, garlic, and curry powder in small bowl.
- 4Divide sweet potato mixture among packets; top with 1/3 cup lentils. Pour 1/4 cup broth mixture over lentils, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Fold other half of foil over ingredients, and crimp edges in overlapping folds until packets are sealed. Transfer packets to baking sheet. Bake 25 minutes.
- 5Transfer to plates. Let each person open packet carefully—escaping air will be hot. Top with chutney, if using.