1 cchicken broth
1 can(s)diced tomatoes - undrained
2 Tbspolive oil
3/4 lbpolish sausage - cut into 1/2-in pieces
1medium onion - diced
1green bell pepper - diced
2ribs celery - chopped
1carrot - peeled and chopped
2 tspdried oregano
2 tspdried thyme
1/8 tspground red pepper
1 cwhite rice
How to Make Smoked Sausage Gumbo
- sprinkle flour evenly over bottom of skillet.
cook til flour begins to turn brown.
reduce heat for 4 mins.
stir in oil until smooth
- chop celery and carrots
dice onion and bell pepper
- combine broth and tomatoes in slow cooker
add flour mixture to slow cooker
- add sausage, onion, bell pepper, celery, carrot, oregano, thyme and ground red pepper to slow cooker
- stir well, cover and cook on LOW for 4 1/2 - 5hrs
- about 30 minutes before gumbo is ready, prepare rice.
serve gumbo over rice for meal