- med potato, sliced thin with skin on
- head of cabbage shredded
- polish sausage, or any sausage you have on hand or half a kalbasha or diced ham
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- sea salt or kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- red and green bell pepper (optional)
- green onions sliced thin (optional)
How to Make Simple Peasant Farm Food
- 1Melt butter with the olive oil in a skillet.
Brown the thinly sliced potatoes on all sides on high heat. Salt and pepper to taste. Add the shredded cabbage, green and red pepper and green onions and turn to coat and sightly brown them. Add the sausage, or ham or if you have both it would be good. Turn to mix them.
Salt and pepper to taste. Turn.
- 2Lower heat and covered until cabbage is done.
Serve with a slice wonderful bread...
- 3It's simple fair..but so good!
Once in awhile I will add a tsp. of brown sugar and some red pepper flakes just before it finishes cooking Another thing l like to add once in awhile is a bit of caraway seeds.
And sometimes if I have leftover carrots just done in butter...I throw those in too.