Savory Tofu and Vegetables over Tomato Couscous
The dish from start to finish takes 30 minutes or less. It serves 4. Any meal that comes in at less than five hundred calories is a bonus.
- 1 jar(s)
- 16 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 pkg
- 16 oz. pkg. extra-firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 tsp
- ground cumin
- 1 tsp
- cracked black pepper, divided
- 2 Tbsp
- 4 medium
- carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 medium
- leeks, white and light green parts thinly sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 can(s)
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 c
- whole wheat couscous
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced (4 tsp.)
How to Make Savory Tofu and Vegetables over Tomato Couscous
- 1Combine artichokes and liquid, tofu, cumin, and 3/4 tsp. pepper in nonstick skillet. Cook over high heat 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring constantly. Transfer to bowl, and set aside.
- 2Heat oil in same skillet over medium high heat. Add carrots, leeks, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Cook 10 minutes, or until carrots are tender and leeks are lightly browned.
- 3Meanwhile, bring tomatoes and liquid and 2/3 cup of water to a boil in a saucepan. Stir in couscous, cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes, then fluff with fork.
- 4Add garlic and reserved tofu mixture to vegetable mixture in skillet. Cook 3 minutes over medium heat, or until heated through and garlic is gragrant. Serve tofu and vegetables over tomato couscous.