1 pkgjimmy dean light sausage or venison sausage
1 jar(s)(lg) marinara/primavera sauce
6-7fresh zucchini slicked and cooked
2 cbrown rice (cooked per instructions on box)
1small onion, chopped
1 pkggrated cheese
·salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Sausage Zucchini Casserole
- Brown Sausage and chopped onion in skillet.
- Cook rice separately according to package directions. Drain.
- When sausage is browned, add marinara sauce, rice, oregano, salt and pepper. Heat together.
- Spray 13x9 casserole dish with olive oil or butter spray to prevent sticking and pour sausage mixture into casserole dish.
- Cook zucchini separately. When tender, drain water and pour of top of sausage mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with grated cheese and bake at 400 degrees until cheese is bubbly.