Roasted Vegetable Sandwich1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 smalleggplant, thinly sliced into rounds
1zucchini, thinly sliced
1yellow summer squash, sliced
1red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
2 tspolive oil
2garlic cloves, finely chopped
·salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1/4 cnonfat sour cream or nonfat plain yogurt
2 Tbspreduced fat mayonnaise
1 Tbspfresh basil, finely chopped
1 tspfresh lemon juice
1french bread baguette, 16" split lengthwise into 4 sections
1bunch watercress, washed, large stems removed
How to Make Roasted Vegetable Sandwich
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- In large roasting pan, toss eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash and red pepper slices with oil and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast vegetables, stirring occasionally, until tender and starting to brown, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk together sour cream or yogurt, mayonnaise, basil and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper; reserve in refrigerator.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on both bread halves and arrange watercress on bottom layer.
- Top with vegetable mixture and bread tops.