Roasted Vegetable Sandwich1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 small
- eggplant, thinly sliced into rounds
- zucchini, thinly sliced
- yellow summer squash, sliced
- red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp
- olive oil
- garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 c
- nonfat sour cream or nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp
- reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tsp
- fresh lemon juice
- french bread baguette, 16" split lengthwise into 4 sections
- bunch watercress, washed, large stems removed
How to Make Roasted Vegetable Sandwich
- 1Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2In large roasting pan, toss eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash and red pepper slices with oil and garlic.
- 3Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Roast vegetables, stirring occasionally, until tender and starting to brown, 30 to 35 minutes.
- 5Let cool.
- 6Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk together sour cream or yogurt, mayonnaise, basil and lemon juice.
- 7Season with salt and pepper; reserve in refrigerator.
- 8Spread mayonnaise mixture on both bread halves and arrange watercress on bottom layer.
- 9Top with vegetable mixture and bread tops.