Roasted Duck with Dressing
I love it around the holidays and just fixed it for my birthday dinner instead of going out because I love it.
I have won over new people to duck with this recipe because it delivers on flavor and is juicy, but never greasy.
- 5-6 lb
- 1 pkg
- bread - broken into pieces
- 1 medium
- red onion - chopped
- 1/2 c
- celery - chopped
- sage to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c
- chicken broth, low salt
How to Make Roasted Duck with Dressing
- 1Night before - Thaw Duck if Frozen and break up the bread and place it in a mixing bowl to dry, add the onion, celery, sage, salt and pepper to the bread.
- 2Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
Clean Duck and remove giblets then place in a large stock pan with enough water to cover and broil until you see a fair amount of the fat and oils come to the top of the water, skim off and remove duck from the water and place in a large roasting pan.
- 3Wet the dressing with just enough chicken broth to make barely moist. The dressing will get additional moisture from the duck and if you make it too wet, it will be soggy. Stuff the duck with the dressing and place any extra around the outside of the duck.
- 4Place the cover on the roasting pan and place duck in the oven at 375 degrees for about 2 and a half hours for a 6 pound duck. You can tell when the duck is ready because it should fall off the bone easily and be tender and juicy, but definitely not greasy.
Serve and Enjoy!