Quinoa Stuffed Pepper
1med onion finely chopped (1cup)
2 tblspolive oil
1/2cupcelery finely chopped
1 tblspground cumin
2 tblspminced garlic
1 10oz pkgfrozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry
2 15 Oz cadiced tomatoes, drained, liquid reserved
1 15oz canblack beans, rinced and drained
1 1/2 cupcarrots (grated)
1 1/2 cupsshredded monterey jack cheese divided
4 lgbell pepper (any color) cut in half ribs removed
How to Make Quinoa Stuffed Pepper
- Heat oil in saucepan over med heat. Add onion, celery and cook for 5 min.
- Add cumin and garlic and sauté 1 min.Stir in Spinach and drained tomatoes, cook until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- Stir in blk beans, quinoa,carrots and 2 c water. Cover, bring to a boil reduce heat and cook for 20 min or until quinoa is tender.
- Stir in one cup of cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 350.
- Pour liquid from tomatoes in the bottom of baking dish.
- Fill each bell pepper half w/ heaping 3/4c of mixture, place in baking dish cover with foil, bake 1hr, uncover
- Sprinkle each pepper w/1tblsp remaining cheese. Bake another 15 min uncovered until tops are browned.
- Let stand 5 min. Transfer peppers to a serving dish and drizzle each pepper with pan juices before serving.