Quinoa Stuffed Pepper
- med onion finely chopped (1cup)
- 2 tblsp
- olive oil
- celery finely chopped
- 1 tblsp
- ground cumin
- 2 tblsp
- minced garlic
- 1 10oz pkg
- frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 15 Oz ca
- diced tomatoes, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 15oz can
- black beans, rinced and drained
- 3/4 cup
- 1 1/2 cup
- carrots (grated)
- 1 1/2 cups
- shredded monterey jack cheese divided
- 4 lg
- bell pepper (any color) cut in half ribs removed
How to Make Quinoa Stuffed Pepper
- 1Heat oil in saucepan over med heat. Add onion, celery and cook for 5 min.
- 2Add cumin and garlic and sauté 1 min.Stir in Spinach and drained tomatoes, cook until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- 3Stir in blk beans, quinoa,carrots and 2 c water. Cover, bring to a boil reduce heat and cook for 20 min or until quinoa is tender.
- 4Stir in one cup of cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 350.
- 5Pour liquid from tomatoes in the bottom of baking dish.
- 6Fill each bell pepper half w/ heaping 3/4c of mixture, place in baking dish cover with foil, bake 1hr, uncover
- 7Sprinkle each pepper w/1tblsp remaining cheese. Bake another 15 min uncovered until tops are browned.
- 8Let stand 5 min. Transfer peppers to a serving dish and drizzle each pepper with pan juices before serving.