Provolone and Ham Melt
- 8 slice
- thick-cut multigrain, whole wheat, poppy seed, white, or pumpernickel bread
- margarine or butter, softened
- 4 tsp
- mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 4 oz
- provolone and/or cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- of a 7-ounce jar roasted red sweet peppers, well drained
- of a small pear or apple, thinly sliced, or 2 canned pineapple rings, well drained and patted dry
- 4 oz
- thinly sliced cooked ham or prosciutto
- 2 Tbsp
- mango chutney
- fresh fruit, such as sliced pears and apples, pineapple wedges, or grapes (optional)
How to Make Provolone and Ham Melt
- 1Spread one side of each bread slice with margarine or butter. Place four bread slices, buttered sides down, on griddle. Spread mayonnaise on the four slices on the griddle. Top with provolone cheese. Top two of the bread slices with red sweet peppers and two with slices of fruit. Top all four with ham or prosciutto.
- 2Cut up large pieces of chutney; spread the unbuttered sides of four remaining bread slices with chutney. Place over bread slices on griddle, buttered sides up.
- 3Cook sandwiches over medium heat about 4 minutes each side or until bread is toasted and cheese is melted, turning once halfway through cooking. Serve with additional fruit slices, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
11 Points per sandwich