Pinto Bean Veggie Burger
And did I mention HEALTHY?
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- one c
- of cooked pinto beans
- small sweet onion chopped
- 1/4 c
- pinko bread crumbs
- small pinch of cumin or more if you'd like
- egg or egg substitute
- salt and pepper
- half cup of cooked spanish rice
How to Make Pinto Bean Veggie Burger
- 1I put the complete mixture into my food processor. Pulse it don't blend it. Get's too mushy that way. After blended, place in a bowl and start making palm sized patties. Place in VERY hot skillet with coconut oil. Fry up on both sides about five minutes each side. If heat is too high, turn it down a tad. Don't want to burn dinner now do you? LOL
- 2I topped my (Open Face) veggie burger with chopped left over fresh tomatoes, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, and a dollop of light sour cream. A couple three or four large corn chips and you've got a great low fat, low carb. main meal or lunch?