Perfect Mashed Potatoes
- 3 lb
- yukon gold potatoes
- 2 tsp
- salt divided
- 1/3 c
- 1/3 c
- half & half
- 4 oz
- cream cheese softened
- 3/4 tsp
- coarsely ground pepper
How to Make Perfect Mashed Potatoes
- 1Peel Potatoes, And cut into 1-inch pieces.
- 2Bring Potatoes, and1tsp salt, and cold water to a boil in a medium size dutch oven over medium-high heat. Reduce Heat to medium-low, and cook 16 to 20 minutes. Or until fork-tender. Drain..
- 3Add Creamy Richness. Return Potatoes to Dutch Oven. Cook until water evaporates and potatoes look dry.
- 4Mound Potatoes on one side; and butter, Next 3 ingredients, and remaining 1 tsp. salt to opposite side of Dutch Oven. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until butter is melted and side of Dutch Oven. Cook 1 to 2 minutes for until butte is melted and mixture boils.
- 5Beat Until Smooth, Remove from heat; Beat at medium speed with a hand-held electric mixer 30 seconds to 1 minute or to desired degree of smoothness. (Do Not Over beat) Serve Immediately