Perfect Mashed Potatoes
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 lbyukon gold potatoes
2 tspsalt divided
1/3 chalf & half
4 ozcream cheese softened
3/4 tspcoarsely ground pepper
How to Make Perfect Mashed Potatoes
- Peel Potatoes, And cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Bring Potatoes, and1tsp salt, and cold water to a boil in a medium size dutch oven over medium-high heat. Reduce Heat to medium-low, and cook 16 to 20 minutes. Or until fork-tender. Drain..
- Add Creamy Richness. Return Potatoes to Dutch Oven. Cook until water evaporates and potatoes look dry.
- Mound Potatoes on one side; and butter, Next 3 ingredients, and remaining 1 tsp. salt to opposite side of Dutch Oven. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until butter is melted and side of Dutch Oven. Cook 1 to 2 minutes for until butte is melted and mixture boils.
- Beat Until Smooth, Remove from heat; Beat at medium speed with a hand-held electric mixer 30 seconds to 1 minute or to desired degree of smoothness. (Do Not Over beat) Serve Immediately