Peniey's Pilaf (Variations Encouraged)
How to Make Peniey's Pilaf (Variations Encouraged)
- 1First of all, you may substitute any of the ingredients but the brown rice. I use it as the Main Dish. The meat, cheese for cream of choice, and vegetables are variables.
- 2Cook the rice according to the package. Brown the meat, drain.
- 3Depending on vegetable chosen, cook are required. SEt aside until rice is done.
- 4When rice is done combine meat, vegetable and your choice of taste - cream of *preference* or cheese. Serve in a bowl with spoon.
- 5For a variant of this, add rice pilaf to a Sun Dried Tomato wrap. Wrap securely and wrap in foil. Place in oven, set to 350, for 10 minutes. Remove and serve as is on a plate. Yummy!!
- 6The Cream of (blank) changes the taste and is high in sodium so I like as little as possible. The point of the cheese or this is strictly to bond the ingredients and add moisture. Be careful not to over do it with the canned soup. More cheese just adds more flavor and is just as variable. Enjoy.