Patsy's Mom Georgia's Cabbage and Bacon
My friends came from Czechoslovakia, so I am sure this is where the recipe originated from.
Patsy Mom's use to make it long before we worried about cholesterol and additives. We never seemed to get fat in those days.
It was so simple and good.
- large head of cabbage
- 1 lb
How to Make Patsy's Mom Georgia's Cabbage and Bacon
- 1Cut the bacon into small pieces.
- 2Cook the bacon until crisp and brown. Set it all aside...Do NOT drain the bacon.
- 3Cut the cabbage in quarters down the middle. Cook in a pan of water until tender. Drain.
- 4Serve by pouring the hot bacon with the bacon grease over each of the cabbage quarters, sprinkle a little pepper on top...serve with Rye bread.
- 5Or you can make a gravy by adding flour and milk to the bacon oil...and serve it that way. I have left the bacon in the oil and I have taken the bacon out of the pan, made the gravy and served the bacon bits on top.
I've even used the water I have cooked the cabbage in to make the gravy.