One Delicious Low Fat Pizza Margherita
1/2(24 ounce) package frozen preheated gluten free pizza crust, thawed
1/2 cbasic pizza sauce or bottled gluten free pizza sauce
5 ozfresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
1/3 ctorn fresh basil leaves
·basic pizza sauce:
1/4 cfinely chopped onion
1garlic clove, minced
1/4 cwhite wine
2 Tbsptomato paste
1 tspdried oregano
1(14.5 ounce) can undrained crushed tomatoes
1 Tbspfresh shopped basil
1/2 tspfalsomic vinegar
1/2 tspcrushed red pepper (optional)
How to Make One Delicious Low Fat Pizza Margherita
- Preheat your oven to 450
- Place pizza crust on backing sheet or pizza stone and spread pizza sauce evenly over crust.
- Arrange cheese sliced over sauce.
- Place pizza on bottom rack of oven.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with basil.
- Cut into 10 wedges and serve immediately.
- BASIC PIZZA SAUCE:
Heat a large saucepan ove medium high het and coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add 1/4 cup finely chopped onion to pan;saute 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add 1 minced garlic clove to pan and saute 30 seconds.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of white wine;cook 30 seconds and add 2 tablespoons tomato paste, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper and stir.
- Add 1 (14.5 ounce) can undrained crushed tomatoes and reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 tablespone of chopped fresh basil and 1/2 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar.
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups.