Old Fashioned Cabbage and Noodles with Keilbasa
1/2 lbbacon, cut into bite size pieces
113.5 ounce package smoked keilbasa, thinly sliced
1 mediumonion, chopped
1 mediummedium head cabbage, chopped
·salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cchicken broth
112 ounce package broad egg noodles, cooked as directed
·dried parsley flakes (for garnish)
How to Make Old Fashioned Cabbage and Noodles with Keilbasa
- In a 5-quart Dutch oven, over medium-high heat, cook the bacon and keilbasa, stirring often, until bacon is cooked and keilbasa is browned on the edges, about 10-15 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Set aside.
- To the same pot, with the bacon drippings, add the onion, cabbage, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes, then add the chicken broth. Lower heat, cover and cook until cabbage starts to soften, stirring often to prevent burning, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the egg noodles as directed on package. Drain.
- When cabbage is ready, add the egg noodles, bacon and keilbasa to the Dutch oven. Mix well and serve.
- Garnish each serving with parsley flakes, if desired.