Let me know if you like it
- 1 lb
- beef stew meat cut into 1 cm cubes
- 2 large
- carrots, finely grated or 2 jars gerber carrots
- 2 c
- short or medium grain rice
- 1/2 tsp
- ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp
- salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 lb
- package frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Nutmeg Rice
- 1Place beef cubes and shredded carrots in a pot on medium heat till it starts to boil. Lower the heat to very low, cover and let it simmer for 1 hour stirring occasionally until all liquid is absorbed and meat is tender.
- 2Add the rice, nutmeg, salt and water and bring to boil.
Lower the heat, cover and let it cook like regular rice till all the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked.
(the rice should be a bit sticky)
- 3While the rice is cooking boil the peas in salted water for 15 minutes or until cooked, drain and add the butter.
- 4In a serving plate pile the rice, cover with half the peas and top with Parmesan cheese.
Have some more peas and cheese on the side for those who like extra.