Norma's Light Spinach Swiss Frittata
How to Make Norma's Light Spinach Swiss Frittata
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Seperate the stems from the spinach, dice into small pieces by rolling the leaves up and slice into thin ribbons.
- Heat a large skillet on low heat, melt half the butter and the onions with a spinach of salt and pepper.
- Slowly cook the onions, stirring occasionally until the onions become translucent and caramelized about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Bring the heat up to medium and add remaining butter and add spinach and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or until wilted.
- Reduce heat to low and pour egg mixture into the skillet and add caramelized onions, salt and pepper and mix well to blend.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until the edges set, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Once the bottom and edges set, place the skillet in the oven and bake until completely set through, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place a dish over the pan and being careful, flip onto the plate.
- Cut into wedges and serve with a side salad, low carb. bread.