Norma's Hot Dog & Hamburger Relish
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This yummy recipe brings back memories of a relish my grandmother used to serve. We used it on everything! This relish is just as tasty...and makes a lot. A perfect hostess gift. The Test Kitchen
How to Make Norma's Hot Dog & Hamburger Relish
- 1Chopped fine the tomates, onions and peppers
- 2Place in a wire strainer to drain off extra liquid from the tomatoes, peppers and onions.
- 3Place all into a large stainless steel pot. (Using any other type of pot might stain it from the acid from the tomatoes).I also have used a roaster pan when I didn't have stainless steel.
- 4Add sugar, mustard seed, celery seed and vinegar stir well.
- 5Place on stove with burner on med-high heat.Bring all to a boil, remove from heat and add turmeric and stir once again.
- 6Place in sterilized pint jars; one at a time, leaving 1/2 inch from top of jar. Wipe dry the edge of opening with a clean cloth.
- 7Place lid and band on jar and twist tight. Continue filling other jars and repeat as above.No need to process. They will seal themselves.
- 8One batch makes 7 to 8 pint jars of relish.