Norma's Hearty & Creamy Cheese Potato Frittata
8new potatoes, scrubbed well and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (if new potatoes are not availabloe, try using red potatoes and cut them into 1/2 inch cubes)
1large egg plus 6 egg whites
2 Tbspskim milk
1/4 cfinely chopped fresh parsley ( like it better than jar)
1 Tbspchopped fresh tyme
1/2 tspfreah ground pepper
1/2 tspsea salt, divided
1 tspsafflower oil or any low fat
1 1/2 cdiced yelow onion
1clove garlic, minced
2 ozlow-fat sharp chedder cheese, shredded
1/2 clow fat sour cream, optional
1/4 cfinely choped green onion, optional
How to Make Norma's Hearty & Creamy Cheese Potato Frittata
- In a small pot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil on medium high and add potatoes.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 12 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat and drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg, egg whites, milk, parsley, thyme, papper and 1/4 tespoon salt and set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil on med-high heat and add onions and cook, stirring often for about 6 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Add garlic and cook stirring constantly, for 15 seconds. Add potatoes and stir until well combined and reduced heat to medium low.
- Gently whisk egg mixture, distributing evenly.
- Cover and cook for 12 minutes until egg mixture is almost set.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and cheddar cheese.
- Cover and let set for 15 minutes.
- Remove lid and cut frittata into 4 wedges and top each with sour cream and green onions and serve.