Nonna Rosa's Morel and Asparagus Quiche
5spears fresh asparagus
5morel mushrooms, cleaned and halved lengthwise (can sub portabellas)
1/2 cmild cheddar or colby cheese grated
1/2 cheavy cream
1 pinchcoarse ground pepper
1deep dish unbaked pie shell
How to Make Nonna Rosa's Morel and Asparagus Quiche
- Beat cream, eggs, salt, and cheese together.
- Fold in raw asparagus (broken into 1-inch pieces) and morels gently.
- Pour into pie shell. Sprinkle with a pinch of coarse ground pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and center is firm. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Best served warm with salad, muffins, or fresh fruit. Enjoy!