★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 bag small white beans
- 1 block salt pork
How to Make My Grandmother's Baked Beans
- 1Soak your beans overnight.
- 2Rinse beans. Place beans in water with the whole block of salt pork and cook until the beans are tender and much of the water has cooked down.
- 3Put the beans in a greased baking pan. Cut the salt pork into strips and lay them on top of the beans.
- 4Bake uncovered in 350 degree oven until the water is absorbed. Beans will be soft but not soupy. The water will be absorbed. The beans will be moist.
- 5Enjoy scrumptious beans!