How to Make Mom's Stuffed Green Peppers
- Prepare the green peppers. Cut off the tops, and remove the seeds and membrane from each pepper.
In a large pot of boiling water, boil peppers for 1 minute. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef.
Add onions, tomato soup, cooked rice, salt, pepper, and sugar. Mix well.
- Sprinkle flour over the top, and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Fill the peppers with the meat/rice mixture.
Stand upright in casserole dish
Bake at 275 degrees, for 30 minutes.
- *optional, sprinkle the tops with seasoned bread crumbs.