Meaty Stuffed Acorn Squash
- acorn squash cut in half and seeded
- olive oil or chicken broth for cooking vegetables
- 3 clove
- 2.6 lb
- ground turkey
- 1 large
- red, yellow or orange peppers chopped
- 2 c
- bread crumbs or 1 pkg cornbread stuffing mix with seasoning
- 1 c
- parmesan cheese
- 2 c
- shredded mozzarella or cheddar
- 1-2 tsp
- basil, oregano, rosemary
How to Make Meaty Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 1Put acorn squash into tray, cut side up, and fill bottom of tray with some water. Bake at 400 oven for about 30 minutes, til not to soft. Let cool slightly and salt and pepper well.
- 2Saute onion and peppers and then add turkey and garlic. Cook completely. Drain and set aside to cool slightly. Mix bread crumbs or cornbread mix with parmesan cheese into meat mixture with the spices. Salt and pepper to what you think. If using mix, the seasoning packet has salt, along with parm, so take that into consideration.
- 3Add in blended eggs. Pack and mound meat mixture into squash center with cupped hand until all is used up, if possible. Top with shredded cheese and bake until filling is set, about 30 minutes. Do not let burn, but will get a good crust.