Low Country Boil
3 ozbox of crab boil (for less spicy boil use the bag not the loose powder seasoning)
3 Tbspold bay seasoning
3 lbsmall potatoes (new or red potatoes work best) scrubbed and unpeeled
4ears of corn, shucked and cut into 3 inch pieces
2 lbsmoked sausage, cut into diagonal two inch pieces
2 lbshrimp , preferably unpeeled (you can remove the shell if you prefer)
·seafood or cocktail sauce (optional)
How to Make Low Country Boil
- In a large stockpot, bring a gallon of water to a boil.
- Add shrimp/crab boil and Old Bay seasoning. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes, one at a time to keep the liquid boiling. Let simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add corn pieces, simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Add sausage and shrimp, allow to simmer uncovered for 3-5 minutes. Do not overcook the shrimp.
- Transfer to a large platter and serve with cocktail or seafood sauce.