- mozzarella cheese
- topping of choice
- non-stick skillet
How to Make low carb Pizza
- 1Set Pan over pan over medium high heat. Add a layer of Mozzarella cheese to the bottom of the pan. When the cheese starts bubbling, add toppings (don’t overload it or you’ll have a tough time later)eat.
- 2Start watching the edges of the cheese. Once the edges start to brown, you can use a spatula to lift the them.
- 3Once the edges are browned all the way around, you can carefully slide the spatula under the “pizza” and slide it off onto a plate.
- 4Let the pizza cool just a bit so the cheese will firm up. Then you can use a pizza cutter to slice it up. Now you can pick it up with your hands and eat it just like a regular pizza. It gives you all the taste, but leaves out all the carbs!
- 5Now I didn’t give carb counts with this because it will really vary with what you put on it. You can spread your cheese in the pan before you put it on the heat to see how much it will take to cover it. Then dump the cheese in a measuring cup so you’ll know your carb counts. Measure out your toppings as well.
This is a nice treat for those times you are dying for pizza. It’s great for plans like Atkins. Just remember that you can over do cheese on Atkins as well, so don’t eat more than one of these in a 24 hour period. And if you notice you aren’t losing as fast after eating these, then only make them an occasional part of your plan, since too much cheese can stall some people.