Lemon Vegetable Rice with Shrimp - 37.9g Carbs, 4.
- 1 c
- onion, diced or ½ large onion, diced
- 2 clove
- large garlic, minced
- 4 stick
- celery, finely diced
- 2 large
- carrots, finely diced
- 1 bunch
- asparagus, 1-inch dice
- 2 c
- kale, torn with stems removed (bite size)
- lemon, zest and juice
- olive oil
- lemon infused olive oil
- chicken broth or vegetable broth, low sodium
- brown rice
- lemongrass to taste
- lemon pepper
- parmesan cheese, to serve
How to Make Lemon Vegetable Rice with Shrimp - 37.9g Carbs, 4.
- 1Equipment needed: Microplane zester
- 2For the Rice: In a saucepan begin cooking the rice in broth/stock (I prefer brown rice and for this and used Lundberg Jubilee, Gourmet Blend of Whole Grain Brown Rice).
- 3For the Vegetable Mixture: Add just enough Olive oil and Lemon Infused Olive Oil to barely cover the bottom of the pan. Sauté onion till translucent. Add carrots and celery and continue to saute. Season to taste with Lemon Pepper and Lemongrass. Add the asparagus along with lemon juice and zest (use a microplane zester). Also, add the Kale. Cover until done.
- 4For the Shrimp: In a separate pan, when the vegetables are almost ready, begin to sauté the shrimp seasoned with lemon pepper and lemon grass.
- 5To Serve: In a bowl put rice as a base, then vegetables with Shrimp on top. Top with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
- 6Nutrition Grade: A
Serving Size: 371.6g
Nutrition per Serving: 387 Calories, 132 Calories from Fat, 14.7g Total Fat, 3.9g Saturated Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 158mg Cholesterol, 441mg Sodium, 37.9g Total Carbs, 4.2g Dietary Fiber, 3.6g Sugars, 26.8g Protein
Vitamin A 229% - Vitamin C 111% - Calcium 28% - Iron 27%
High in manganese
High in selenium
Very high in vitamin A
Very high in vitamin C
High in cholesterol