Laurie's Corned Beef and Cabbage
4 capple juice
1/2 csplenda blend brown sugar
1 Tbspgoulden's mustard
2corned beef briskets with the spice packets (about 3 lbs each)
10small russet potatoes (skin on, scrubbed)
2medium red onions, cut into wedges
1head of cabbage, cored and cut into large chunks
How to Make Laurie's Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Blend together the apple juice, brown sugar and mustard until the brown sugar has dissolved and pour into slow cooker.
- Mix in the contents of both spice packets, then lay the corned beef briskets into the apple juice mixture.
- Top with potatoes, onions and cabbage chunks and submerse all of the ingredients into the juice mixture.
- Cover and cook on high until the corned beef is very tender 5 to 6 hours (can also do on low basically all day up around 10 hours).
- Slice the meet across the grain and serve with the vegetables. YUM! (I like to serve the liquid as an "au jus" on the side for dipping of Irish Soda Bread or Buttermilk Biscuits)