☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
6 largeleeks, washed and chopped (white parts only)
1 lbunsalted butter, melted (divided)
1 lblamb stew meat, cubed
6 largeeggs, beaten
1/4 cdry white wine (or broth)
·salt, to taste
1 lbphyllo dough, thawed if frozen
How to Make Lamb & Leek Phyllo Pie
- Put 4 tablespoons of the melted butter in frying pan over medium heat and add leeks and meat.
- Brown thoroughly. Add wine and salt and simmer 20 minutes, or until liguid has evaporated. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Stir in beaten eggs.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Working with half of the phyllo sheets (cover the rest), lay one sheet at a time in baking dish and brush with melted butter. (at least 10 sheets).
- Spread meat and leek mixture evenly over the sheets in baking dish. Fold ends and sides of excess phyllo over mixture.
- Repeat as above with remaining phyllo sheets (at least 10) and tuck in ends and sides. Brush top with butter.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes. Cut into 12 squares and serve.