Kielbasa Stir Fry by Maggie
For some reason Kielbasa or smoked sausages seem to go well with cabbage so we thought why not put them together.
We really love this dish and often times it is our main dish and other times we serve it as a side without the sausage in it.
It's quick .. it's easy .. it has vegies ... it's tasty and it gets 2 thumbs up !
1medium carrot - thinly sliced lengthwise * see note
1stalk celery - sliced thin lengthwise * see note
1can (8 oz) water chestnuts - sliced
1/2 cmushrooms thinly sliced
1/2 cmushrooms quartered
1/2green bell pepper - thinly sliced
1/3 cthinly sliced yellow onion
1 ckielbasa or smoked sausage cut into bite size pieces
3 cthinly sliced (shaved) green cabbage
1 Tbspcanola or olive oil
1/4 cwater or chicken broth
How to Make Kielbasa Stir Fry by Maggie
- NOTE: * Use a mandolin to slice the vegies thinly .. run the carrot and the celery through on the lengthwise to get thin strips. Then cut those strips into 2 or 3 long narrow strips.
- Prep all the vegies and the sausage before beginning to cook.
- Put your oil into a 2 qt pot and heat over a high flame until it is about 300*
- Add the carrots, celery, water chestnuts and mushrooms to the hot pan and stir.
When the carrots are getting soft - after about a minute - add the bell pepper and onions.
Stir constantly so they don't burn. Once they begin to lightly caramelize toss in the sausage and stir.
- Then add your cabbage and mix everything together really well.
Once the cabbage begins to soften - about 2 minutes - add your water (or chicken broth).
Continue to cook on medium high heat, stirring frequently, until the cabbage has softened to the desired doneness.
- Reduce the heat and add a dash or 2 of tamari sauce.
Remove from heat and serve immediately.