KANSAS CITY BACON & CABBAGE ( a smoked butt clone)
Nancy J. Patrykus
When I came home dinner was ready.
A pan of corn bread,reheated made
a meal fit for for a king!
In winter months, I do love a rib stickin meal!
My table is by my patio doors,so I can watch the snow flakes floating down when I eat.
SNOW and STEWS...they just seem to go together! Here in SPOKANE you can't find a "Smoked Butt" anywhere! I did find this smoked meat package by accident in the freezer.So I decided to make this dish. It is the nearest I could find to a butt.
Once cooked,I thought I died & went to heaven.
- 1 pkg
- redneck kansas city bacon, cottage ends and pieces
- 4 large
- carrots.........scraped and cut into chunks
- 5 medium
- potatoes......peeled & cut in quarters
- 2 medium
- onions.......peeled & cut in quarters
- parsley, salt & pepper....to taste
- 1 medium
- head of cabbage..quartered
How to Make KANSAS CITY BACON & CABBAGE ( a smoked butt clone)
- 1Open meat package, put in a crockpot with 2-3 cups of water.
Cook on med-high for about3 hours.
Strain meat..and pick thru...use only the meat that you would eat.
Save the meat for later.
Add potatoes, carrots, onions and cabbage to the broth in the crockpot. Cook till carrots and potatoes are done ...firm not mushed!
On high, about 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
Half way thru add the meat, a little more water...if needed.
Your home should start to smell like a Polish farm