Independence Potato Pie
How to Make Independence Potato Pie
- Pre-heat oven to HI Broil, leave rack on middle shelf.
Grease 8 or 9 inch pie plate (I used glass). Open & drain can of potatoes.
- Season ground beef w/ season salt, black pepper & garlic powder (or season w/ what ever you wish) to taste, then brown.
- While ground beef is browning, place a thin layer of the sliced potatoes, about a 3rd or less of the can, on the bottom of the pie plate. Sprinkle w/ black pepper and one of your cheese choices. (I chose mozzarella.) Place in the oven until the cheese starts to brown, then remove from oven.
- Once ground beef is browned, drain the fat & pour the meat into the pie plate, spread it as evenly as you can. Sprinkle w/ another of your cheese choices, (I choose cheddar.) then cover w/ remainder of potato slices. Lightly sprinkle potatoes w/ black pepper & season salt (or what ever seasoning you choose) then place back into the oven, broil for 6-7 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle on what ever other cheese choice (I choose a Mexican mix & crumbled Feta). Place back into oven and broil for ~2 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown. Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve w/ sour cream, green onions, crumbled bacon, basically what ever toppings you might enjoy!
Follow w/ ice cream!