Grilled Rosemary Lamb Chops
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 Tbsp
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 c
- dark balsamic vinegar
- 6 Tbsp
- high quality olive oil
- 3 Tbsp
- very finely minced fresh rosemary leaves, or 3 tsp dried
- 6 clove
- garlic, finely minced, or mashed to paste
- 1 tsp
- fresh coarsely ground black pepper
- 1-inch or thicker loin lamb chops, fat trimmed
How to Make Grilled Rosemary Lamb Chops
- 1Put all ingredients except meat into small bowl and mix well to incorporate the garlic and rosemary. Note: the finer you mince the garlic and rosemary the more it is able to flavor the chops. Besides if you dont mince the rosemary well, it would be like eating branches off a Christmas tree. Icky!
- 2Place the meat onto a non-reactive(glass or platic) 13x9x2 baking dish. Pour marinade over the meat and cover.
- 3Allow lamb to marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours, turning the meat occasionally for even flavor distribution.
- 4About 30 minutes before serving, remove meat from refrigerator and allow to rest at room temp (still covered). While meat is warming, start the grill/light the coals. Charcoal should have an even layer of whitish ash all over before you begin cooking.
- 5Once grill reaches medium-high heat add chops, and cover the grill. DO NOT fuss with the meat once it is on the grill. Flip ONCE and leave it alone to continue cooking. Chops require 5 minutes per side cook time , or to desired doneness. Remove from heat, and cover to allow rest time 7-10 minutes.
- 6Once resting time is over, serve at once