Grilled Quail with Jalapeno Sauce
RED: MERLOT/PINOT NOIR
WHITE: CHARDONNAY/ROSE (DRY)/PINOT GRIS
- boneless (semi) large quail
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 4 sprig(s)
- fresh thyme
- 2 sprig(s)
- fresh rosemary
- 2 clove
- fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp
- creole seasoning
- 1/2 tsp
- jalapeno, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 clove
- garlic, chopped
- 1 oz
- dry white wine
- 1/4 c
- heavy cream
- ground black pepper
How to Make Grilled Quail with Jalapeno Sauce
- 1Remove the stems from all herbs and chop.
- 2Mix the herbs, garlic, seasonings and oil together and coat the quails, both inside and out.
- 3Allow to soak overnight in fridge.
- 4Grill quails over medium heat w/ a light sprinkle of creole seasoning until cooked through.
- 5Serve hot w/ jalapeno and garlic cream sauce.
- 6JALAPENO SAUCE:
Saute the jalapenos and garlic in butter.
Deglaze the pan w/ white wine and reduce until pan is almost dry.
Add cream and season w/ a pinch of salt and pepper.
Reduce the sauce until it thickens to a nice rich coating sauce and pour over the quails.