Grilled Quail with Jalapeno Sauce
RED: MERLOT/PINOT NOIR
WHITE: CHARDONNAY/ROSE (DRY)/PINOT GRIS
2boneless (semi) large quail
2 Tbspolive oil
4 sprig(s)fresh thyme
2 sprig(s)fresh rosemary
2 clovefresh garlic, chopped
1/2 tspcreole seasoning
1jalapeno, seeds removed and chopped
1 clovegarlic, chopped
1 ozdry white wine
1/4 cheavy cream
pinchground black pepper
How to Make Grilled Quail with Jalapeno Sauce
- Remove the stems from all herbs and chop.
- Mix the herbs, garlic, seasonings and oil together and coat the quails, both inside and out.
- Allow to soak overnight in fridge.
- Grill quails over medium heat w/ a light sprinkle of creole seasoning until cooked through.
- Serve hot w/ jalapeno and garlic cream sauce.
- JALAPENO SAUCE:
Saute the jalapenos and garlic in butter.
Deglaze the pan w/ white wine and reduce until pan is almost dry.
Add cream and season w/ a pinch of salt and pepper.
Reduce the sauce until it thickens to a nice rich coating sauce and pour over the quails.