Daily Inspiration S
Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 2 lb
- lamb, cut into 1 inch pieces (can sub beef)
- onions, quartered
- green peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- cherry tomatoes or tomato wedges
- fresh mushrooms
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 tsp
- garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tsp
- 6 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 4 Tbsp
- wine vinegar
- lemon juice
- salt to taste
How to Make Greek Souvlakia
- 1Place meat in a large glass bowl. In a small bowl combine the black pepper, sugar, garlic and oregano and sprinkle over the meat. Mix until meat is well coated.
- 2In a blender, add 4 tbsp. of the olive oil and vinegar and blend. Pour mixture over meat, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3Brush onions and green peppers with remaining 2 tbsp. olive oil, add salt and pepper to taste. Par-bake in over at 350 degrees until tender, but firm enough to thread on a skewer.
- 4Thread meat and vegetables on skewers, alternating each. Grill over hot coals, being careful not to overcook. Sprinkle with salt and fresh lemon juice.