Gimme Clam Fritters
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 ptshucked clams
11/2 csifted enriched all-purpose flour
1/2 -3/4 tspsalt
1/8 tspblack pepper
1/2 cjuice, drained from clams
1 tspbaking powder
2large eggs, slightly beaten
1 Tbspminced white onion, optional
How to Make Gimme Clam Fritters
- Drain clams and reserve 1/2 cup juice.
- Coarsely chop clams.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and pepper in medium bowl.
- Stir in chopped clams, clam juice and eggs. If using optional minced onion now is the time to add.
- Heat some oil in a wide skillet so it is hot when you add fritters.
- Drop fritter mixture by tablespoons in hot oil. Saute until lightly browned on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Chow down and enjoy!