Egg and Olive on a Bagel
Hardboiled eggs, olives, onions and mayo must be a regional thing. I grew up on this sammie.
Today I used leftover scrambled eggs. I always make more than I need for a late night snack.
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- onion, chopped
- 2 large
- 2 Tbsp
- milk or cream
- 1 large
- dollop mayonnaise, maybe 2 to 3 tablespoons
- 7 to 8 medium
- spanish green olives with pimnentos, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 medium
- bagel, we like everything or whole wheat
- 1 slice
- swiss or cheddar cheese
- 2 small
- slices ham, thinly sliced
How to Make Egg and Olive on a Bagel
- 1Melt butter in pan, saute onion til translucent. Whip eggs with milk. Add eggs and cook and stir until set.
- 2Put cooked eggs in a bowl, add olives, mayo and salt and pepper.
- 3Toast bagel and put the swiss on it.
Heat ham in microwave til warm, put on cheese.
Spoon on eggs.