2 Tbspreduced fat mayonnaise
2 Tbspnonfat sour cream or nonfat plain yogurt
1 tspfresh lemon juice
1 Tbspolive oil
2portebello mushrooms, sliced
·freshly ground salt
·freshly ground black pepper
8 slicesourdough bread
1garlic clove, halved
1 cbasil, loosely packed, dried, shredded
How to Make Eating Well Pbt (Portabello, Basil & Tomato Sandwich)
- Prepare grill or preheat broiler.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sour cream or yogurt and lemon juice.
- Brush olive oil over the mushrooms.
- Grill or broil mushroom slices until tender and golden, 2 to 3 minutes a side.
- Season with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, toast bread on the grill or under the broiler.
- Rub both sides of the bread with garlic clove.
- Spread half of the mayonnaise mixture over 4 toasted bread slices and arrange basil on top.
- Top with the grilled mushroom slices, followed by the tomato slices and salt and pepper.
- Finish with a dollop of the remaining mayonnaise mixture and cover with the remaining pieces of toast.