Easy Slow Cooker Pinto Beans
We always have lots of these on hand. When you serve it over rice it becomes a complete protein so it's delicious vegetarian style too without the optional meat flavoring.
- 1 lb
- dried pinto beans
- 3 qt
- hambone, if desired
- 1 tsp
- kosher salt
- bacon, cooked and chopped up
- 1lb chopped up smoked sausage
- 1 1/2 tsp
- creole seasoning (tony chacheres)
How to Make Easy Slow Cooker Pinto Beans
- 2Place cooker on high for 6 hours, stirring at the three hour mark.
- 3Enjoy over rice or in tortillas. It makes a soupy broth that when cooled becomes nice and thick. If you don't have a ham bone don't worry you can substitute ham hock, sausage or bacon. They are all delicious.
- 4One more quick note, if your dried beans are very old, like food storage beans that are over four years old, you may need to soak them a few hours and add a little more water and a dash of meat tenderizer to help them absorb better. But I have cooked ten year old beans like this and they were delicious.