☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbkale, leaves removed from stems
4-6 ozbutter (or more if desired)
1.5 - 2 ozwarm milk (or to your liking)
1link smoked sausage (german sausage works great)
How to Make Dutch-Style Kale and Potatoes with Sausage
- Wash the kale thoroughly and strip the leaves from the stems. Peel the potatoes and quarter them.
- Add potatoes to a dutch oven and add just enough water to cover them. Place the kale on top of the potatoes and place the sausage on top of the kale.
- Cover the pot and bring to a boil; then lower the temperature to simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove the sausage to a plate and pour off remaining cooking liquid, reserving a small amount, from the kale and potatoes. Mash the vegetables with a potato masher and Add butter, milk and salt to the vegetable mixture until you reach your desired consistency. Adjust the seasonings and add reserved cooking liquid if desired.
- Slice the sausage and serve with the mashed kale and potatoes.